Job Analysis: Consultants: Role
What is the role of the consultant?
- Uses experience and skills to provide you with recommendations and advise. The implementation of the recommendations may be performed by a consultant but is more often better performed by the company staff.
- Gathers information for analysis.
- Consultants bust use their detachment from the organization as a source for objectivity in their analysis.
- Works with managers to develop solutions.
Should the consultant remain on-site?
- easier access to their expertise
- observe all the hours being worked
- cost associated with working full-time
- if a consultant is only working when they are at your worksite, then you need to get a new consultant. Consultants should be able to work independently of the client.